Strava Launches New “Fitness” and “Perceived Exertion” Features on Mobile Apps for iOS and Android
Powerful, simple analysis tools help athletes stay motivated and track their progress over time
SAN FRANCISCO – September 19, 2019 – Strava, the world’s largest sports participation platform with over 46 million athletes and a million more joining every 30 days, today announced two new features available on its mobile app: Fitness and Perceived Exertion.
“Strava is committed to helping the world’s athletes stay active and better track their progress over time. Summit continues to offer the best training and analysis tools to pursue your goals and avoid overtraining,” says James Quarles, Strava CEO.
Fitness, a new analysis tool, helps athletes understand how workouts are adding up over time. A daily Fitness Score is charted on a graph to provide a high-level view of individual fitness trends over time, and athletes can zoom out to analyze their fitness trends over one-month, three-month, six-month, one-year and two-year periods.
Perceived Exertion allows athletes to manually note how intense a run, ride, swim or other activity felt on a scale of 1 to 10. This new metric serves as a reliable substitute for heart rate for tracking effort over time. Whether an athlete trains with or without a device or heart rate monitor, they can now capture their effort and track their Fitness Score over time. Perceived Exertion is available for all athletes using Strava’s iOS and Android mobile apps.
“These features are great ways for an athlete to capture their effort and take a look at patterns over time so they can see how they’re progressing. Whether you’re an athlete training to PR a marathon or just want to run or ride a few times a week to stay fit, Fitness and Perceived Exertion can help motivate you to get out the door and go,” says endurance coach and scientist Megan Roche, M.D., herself a multiple-time national champion ultrarunner and co-author of The Happy Runner.
Fitness and a full spectrum of training, analysis and safety features that guide athletes to their personal bests are available with a Strava Summit subscription for just $59.99 per year.
Download Strava for iOS and Android now, and upgrade to Strava Summit to customize your experience and enjoy added features. For more information visit www.strava.com.
Strava is the social network for athletes. As the platform at the center of connected fitness, Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day. All athletes belong on Strava, no matter where they live, which sport they love or what device they use. Join the community at strava.com.
Our favorite stats:
- 20 activities uploaded every second, 15 million every week
- 300+ compatible mobile phones and GPS devices
- More than 2 billion activity uploads
- 200 employees, most in San Francisco with more in Denver, CO, Hanover, NH and Bristol, UK
- 1,100+ professional athletes are on Strava
- 1 million athletes join every 30 days
- More than 46 million Strava athletes upload activities from 195 countries
- 3.6 billion kudos given between athletes last year
- Over 4 million photos shared per week on Strava
- 85 million comments and Kudos given by Strava athletes per week
- $59.99 a year to make the most of your sport with Strava Summit
- 130+ communities making commuting better with Strava Metro