We’re ringing in 2012 with some exciting news: Strava Run for iPhone is now available to download from iTunes! Get your hands on this free app and start the new year with an incredible new training partner.
- FREE unlimited run uploads
- Detailed run stats including distance, pace, time, splits and full map view
- Segment leaderboards and ability to earn achievements for outstanding performances
- View of your recent activities from all devices in your Feed
- All time and year-to-date stats on your Profile
- Ability to change your activity type to ride, hike, ski and more to easily keep track of your cross-training
There’s more! The new and improved Strava Cycling app for iPhone is also here, and this latest update makes it easier to track your cross training, giving you the ability to change your rides to runs, complete with run-specific stats.
If you like what you see, please rate the Strava Run and Strava Cycling apps for iPhone and help us take them both to the next level. For our Android users, thank you for your patience! Strava Run and Strava Cycling for Android are on their way.
Resolutions abound at this time of year, and what better way to keep them than a new Strava Challenge? Accumulate as many miles as possible from January 6-31 with the Base Mile Blast. Join the challenge for cyclists or the challenge for runners, or if you’re feeling really ambitious, try your hand at both. It may be winter, but that doesn’t mean you have to slow down. Set your personal goal and see how you stack up – now is the time to build your foundation! Surprises are in store for our most dedicated athletes.
We are excited to be transitioning our event format to a new Strava Challenges format for 2012, retiring Strava Events from the Explore section of Strava. New challenges, including mileage-, elevation-, segment-based and more, will be introduced all year long to keep runners and riders alike engaged in healthy competition.
KUDOS TO ALL KOM CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS