May 23rd, 2014
Show Your Dedication to Dirt along the Road to Leadville
Other than the lottery, there’s only one way to race the Leadville 100 MTB in August: qualify at an LQS race.
We’ve got 5 free entries for each of the upcoming Leadville Qualifying Series races: Wilmington Whiteface (June 22), Silver Rush 50 (July 22) and Tahoe Trail 100 (July 19). If you are a Strava athlete and want a shot at qualifying, here’s your chance to get your writing (not riding) skills on.
Show your dedication to dirt by posting a photo to Instagram along with a Haiku and be entered for the race of your choice. (For those who didn’t learn this in grade school, haiku is a three line poem made up of seventeen syllables: five in the first line, seven in the second and five in the last.)
Plume of dust behind.
Bombing down a perfect line.
Single track sublime.
– Scott Witthoff, #DedicatedtoDirt
How to Share Your Haiku:
1. Take a picture of your life as a dedicated athlete out on the trails.
2. Upload your photo to Instagram along with a haiku and tell us which race you’d like to enter with the hashtag #DedicatedtoDirt.
– The photos and words must be your own original work.
– All submissions are due by the entry deadline of June 15th.
– Athletes will be notified on June 18th (Wilmington Whiteface entries notified on the 15th).
– You can submit as many photos/haikus as you want, but limit one race entry per person.
Please note, we are giving away a free race entry only. Travel and accommodations are not included. All submissions will be entered into a drawing and selected at random.