Many of you have asked us, “When are you going to open Strava up so my friend can join?” Since launching the Strava beta in late April, we have kept things fairly contained. Well, that’s all about to change. We are ready to take on more members looking for motivation and entertainment to feed their addiction to cycling. And we think the best people to start with are the friends and family of our existing beta members.
To that end, we have come up with a little competition. Recruit as many of your friends and family to join the Strava beta as you can and you could win big!
Let’s just start with the usual disclaimer in these situations. Employees of Strava are not eligible for the fantastic prizes and unending glory that will be offered as enticement to the Strava beta members who help recruit the most cyclists to Strava between now and June 30, 2009. So… Mark, no use trying to buy Active.com’s user email list.
Before telling you about the prizes, here are the rules:
- The competition starts on June 1, 2009 at 12:00AM and ends June 30, 2009 at 11:59PM.
- You send the names, email addresses, and locations of friends you want to invite to join the Strava beta to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will invite your friends by email, explaining Strava and describing the beta program.
- The new member will be counted toward your total if they A) accept our invitation to join the Strava beta and B) upload at least one ride before the end of the competition. (Feel free to send encouraging emails to the friends you recommend, offering to share any prize you might win.)
- The winner will be the beta member who has the highest count as defined in #4 as of June 30 at 11:59pm.
Some things to keep in mind: Once your friends become beta members, they can compete in this competition too. If the same name is contributed to us by more than one member before we send our invitation to join Strava, and that name joins the Strava beta, then each of the members who contributed the name gets credit for the new member.
Now for the prizes.
- First Place: a $200 gift certificate to the bike shop of your choice
- Second Place: a $100 gift certificate to the bike shop of your choice
- Third Place: a $50 gift certificate to the bike shop of your choice
- Door prize: anyone who recommends 3 or more new members gets a pair of Strava socks
OK… Perhaps the prizes are not so original. But we do love our local bike shops and this is a great way for Strava to support them.
If you have any questions about this competition (the first of many competitions you will be seeing from Strava!), please get in touch: email@example.com.Feedin’ the Addiction Team Strava