STRAVA ‘DEDICATED TO DIRT – LEADVILLE TRAIL 100’ PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Strava, Inc. (“Strava”) (“Sponsor”) is pleased to introduce the Dedicated to Dirt – Leadville Trail 100 Promotion (the “Leadville Trail 100 Promotion” or “Promotion”) made available at www.strava.com/blog (the “Site”). The Promotion allows an entrant (the “Entrant”) to submit an entry to win a slot to the Leadville 100 Mountain Bike as detailed below. The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 am Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) June 13th, 2014 and ends 11:59:59 pm, PDT June 22nd, 2014. (the “Promotion Period”). Pacific Daylight Time shall control for all purposes of the Promotion. Sponsor’s computer clock governs time.
As a condition of participating in the Promotion, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Strava, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects, and to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion or these Official Rules.
Directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents or representatives of Sponsor, and/or their affiliate companies, and their suppliers, as well as the immediate family of their employees (including spouse, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households as the employees, whether related or not, are not eligible to nominate or be nominated. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year.
2. HOW THE LEADVILLE TRAIL 100 PROMOTION WORKS: You may submit an entry for the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion by going to the Site before June 22nd (http://strava.com/blog) and clicking on the corresponding Leadville Trail 100 Promotion form, where you will submit your entry by filling out the required information. All Entrants must: (a) be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older; (b) have an account with Strava. Accounts are free. For more information regarding creating an account, please see Strava’s Plans & Pricing (http://www.strava.com/plans). Any form of entry and participation in the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion other than that described herein is void.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS AND PRIZES: Eight (8) Winners will win a slot to the Leadville 100 Mountain Bike. Prize winners must pay for their race entry registration fee. There are a total of eight (8) Leadville 100 Mountain Bike slots available. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Mountain Bike Race: $345. Total ARV of all eight (8) Prizes: $2,670. All Strava athletes are eligible to win, but should a winner be a Strava Premium member, they will receive Strava apparel to race in. Cyclists will receive a cycling kit consisting of Castelli bib shorts and jersey; ARV of the kit is $208.
Entrants will be selected as potential winners based on the following judging criteria: (a) unique and deserving stories (60%); (b) creativity of the format your story is shared (30%); (c) activity on Strava (10%). Judging will be conducted by a panel of five (5) Strava Team members (the “Panel”). Application of the judging criteria to the nominations shall be at the Panel’s reasonable discretion and, as to matters of subjectivity, the Panel’s sole discretion. The decisions of the Panel are final and binding in all matters relating to the selection of potential winners.
4. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) prize per person. Prizes will be delivered to winners in the form of a code that can be redeemed when winner registers for the Leadville 100 Mountain Bike. Redemption code will be emailed to the email address on file with Sponsor at the time the Entrant’s prize is won. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prize will be made, except that Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or component of prize) of equal or greater value for any reason. All prizes are awarded AS IS and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) by Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion for any reason. In the event that the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion is cancelled or postponed for any reason whatsoever, the ARV of the prizes will be awarded to the extent required by law. Sponsor also reserves the right to remove from or to deny entry to the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion to any entrant who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive conduct, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person participating or involved with the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion.
ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. Any required tax reporting forms will be furnished to the appropriate tax authorities.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible Entrants submitted during the Promotion Period and the quality of the Entrants submitted, as judged by the Panel using the criteria set forth in Section 3.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will announce the potential winners of the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion within one (1) week after the conclusion of the Promotion on June 22nd. All potential winners will be notified via the email address associated with the potential winner’s account and will be posted on Sponsor’s Site (www.strava.com/blog). Prizes will be deemed to have been won when all conditions in these Official Rules and accompanying Terms (http://www.strava.com/terms) are met.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISION IS FINAL. A ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE LEADVILLE TRAIL 100 PROMOTION SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE CORRESPONDING COMPLETION OF THE LEADVILLE TRAIL 100 PROMOTION HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
Potential winners may, at the option of the Sponsor, be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, an IRS Form W-9, and a Publicity Release, where legal, as well as any other documentation requested by Sponsor in order to verify the eligibility of the potential winner. Failure to complete such forms within seven (7) days of receipt of such request will result in forfeiture of the prize.
In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if the prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited. Any forfeited prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, at Sponsor’s discretion.
7. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize in the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion, winner agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use winner’s name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, statements, voice and city and state address for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar challenges, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
WINNER FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IF HE OR SHE ACCEPTS A PRIZE, HIS OR HER PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PLACING HIS OR HER NAME ON A WINNERS’ LIST.
8. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the names of the winners, any person may mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope after 30 days from the conclusion of the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion to Strava, Inc., 500 3rd Street, Suite #110 San Francisco, CA 94107. Attn: Winners’ List. Requests must be received no later than three (3) months after the conclusion of the Promotion.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and the Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for: (1) stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, undeliverable or incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, illegible entries due to technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the mailing or transmission of entries, notification or correspondence, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Leadville Trail 100 Promotion related materials; (2) technical failures of any kinds; (3) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion; (4) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (5) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the sending of entries or the processing of entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Promotion or receipt or the redemption of any prize. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into the Promotion, the Entrant’s sole remedy is to submit another entry into the Promotion. Sponsor may rescind any Leadville Trail 100 Promotion entry found to contain such errors or failures without liability at its sole discretion.
As a condition of submitting an entry or accepting a prize in the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion, Entrant or prize winner agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective affiliates, prize suppliers, and Sponsor’s business partners and all their affiliates, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, managers, directors, members, shareholders and employees (the “Released Parties”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from any breach of representation made by Entrant or the prize winner in connection with the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion, the exercise by Sponsor or its designees of any of the right granted by you in these Official Rules and your participation in the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion, including acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of the prize(s), or any injury or for damage to your or any other person’s computer or wireless device relating to or resulting from participation in the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion or downloading any materials in the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion, or inability to access any website or wireless service associated with this Leadville Trail 100 Promotion, or any combination thereof. You agree that the laws of the State of California will govern any and all disputes.
As a condition of submitting an entry or accepting a prize in the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion, you agree that as to Sponsor and the Released Parties (1) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (3) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but shall in no event include attorneys’ fees. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures.
If in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or to modify, suspend or terminate the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion. In the event that the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion is cancelled or postponed for any reason whatsoever, the ARV of the prizes will be awarded to the extent required by law.
ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE SPONSOR’S SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE LEADVILLE TRAIL 100 PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
12. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Leadville Trail 100 Promotion is Strava, Inc., 500 3rd Street San Francisco, CA 94107.
13. OPT-OUT: If you do not wish to receive any further notices from Strava regarding future promotional offerings, send your name and address to: Strava, Inc., 500 3rd Street San Francisco, CA 94107. Attn: Opt-Out.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
You have not yet won a prize. The actual odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible Entrants submitted during the Promotion Period and the quality of the Entrants submitted as judged by the criteria Section 3. Leadville Trail 100 Promotion ends on June 22nd, 2014. See Official Rules above for entry requirements and complete prize restrictions. Sponsored by Strava, Inc., 500 3rd Street San Francisco, CA 94107.