Nominate a Friend to Race the Leadville Trail 100
Help a Dedicated Athlete Get into the Sold-out Event
The Leadville Trail 100 ‘Race Across the Sky’ was created for the most determined athletes. It’s not just the one hundred miles that makes it unique, but the high altitude and extreme terrain of the Colorado Rockies. The views are breathtaking, and the climbing to above 12,000 feet in elevation can be too. It’s not a race for the faint of heart or lungs, but it’s one that many athletes desire to do. Finishers also earn a shiny coveted belt buckle.
As one of the most well-known mountain bike and run races in North America, getting into the Leadville Trail 100 has always been difficult. For the mountain bike race, there are only a few more races in this year’s Qualifying Series, and with the stiff competition, it’s getting harder and harder to secure a spot. As for the run, it’s a sold out event.
Do you have a friend who is dedicated to the dirt, loves to climb high into the mountain, and run or ride trails for hours on end? Have they longed to race the Leadville 100 for years?
We are giving you the opportunity to nominate a determined athlete to race at this year’s event. Strava will be giving entries to cyclists and runners that demonstrate leadership, devotion and sportsmanship. Who better to judge these characteristics than friends?
How it works?
We are giving the Strava community the power to select friends; teammates, coaches and peers that deserve these spots. Simply fill out the nomination form by June 17th.
Winning nominations will be chosen based on:
1. Unique deserving stories (40%)
2. Demonstrated leadership in his or her community (25%)
3. Activity on Strava (25%)
4. Number of nominations (10%)
* We are giving away 7 mountain bike race slots and 5 trail run slots. Athletes are required to pay the entry fee of $345 for MTB and $275 for RUN. This giveaway does not include travel or accommodations expenses.
* Nominations must be submitted by June 17th. Winners will be notified within one week after the deadline. Judging panel will consist of 5 members of the Strava marketing team.
* All Strava athletes are eligible to win, but should a winner be a Strava Premium member, we will send them some Strava gear to look sharp on race day (a sweet Strava kit for cyclists and a performance tech t-shirt, compression socks & visor for runners)
* All fields in the nomination form are required. You can submit nominations for as many people as you’d like.
* I have read and agree to the Strava official rules.